Project Mom - ROOTS Experience
The ROOTS methodology allows you to put the 'U' back in 'human'. The purpose of Project Mom is to create a safe space for adult children and their mothers.
Too Often, we get stuck viewing each other in specific roles. I.e. you are only my child, you are only my parent. As we all know, we are deeper than just these two dynamics.
Project mom is to serve as a platform for exploring mindfulness, emotional intelligence, and building positive habits of self care, together. Allowing deeper connection and also fostering space for compassion amongst program participants. Most importantly, this is a platform to create a sense of community.
We all experience frustration within our relationships and households; and it’s time we learn how to deal with it.
HOW IT WORKS:
For 6 weeks, both adult-child and adult-parent will meet with the Habitual Roots group. This serves as a harmonious environment for all parties to openly share what they are personally working towards while also gaining insight on knowledge and techniques tied to emotional intelligence and mindfulness.
- Must be willing to have fun
- Must be open to listening and potentially sharing within group settings
- Must be calm, courteous, and respectful to all participants and facilitators
- Must be respectful of group member’s privacy regarding what is shared during each session
- Must be able to commit to 6 Weeks of guided group training with ROOTS Facilitator
- Must be open to trying mindfulness practices such as breathwork, meditation, and other activities that may be integrated within each session
- Must be willing to complete course work requested